PlayStation(PSP) Games to Android: How to Guide
PPSSPP Gold is the latest revolution of android gaming world which gives you more powerful graphics allowing you to get a real gaming experience. The path to reach is fast and easy. If you want to play an unlimited amount of PlayStation Portable games, you can simply download PSP APK on your android device and start playing. It has become more user-friendly as it is an open source application under GPU. But you can’t just start using the emulator as it needs a compatible android device with proper hardware specs and operating system and you can’t have games with the emulator. You need to get them separately using a number of available forums/ torrents.
Extracting Game Files
There are ample amount of forums with availability to give you any needed game. One such site is Emuparadise. Reliability of the available forums is not guaranteed and always use is at your own risk. And they are strictly advised to use only for educational and testing purposes. Not for commercial use.
- ISO is a type of disk Image
- CSO is a compression method for the ISO image format
Before playing games with the emulator, there are some things to be done. You may have commercially obtained UMD’s. Those are highly volatile. You are free to rip your old UMD’s because, it’s required to turn the old UMD’s into playable ISO’s. There are many advantages of running PSP on Sony firmware. Especially because you are capable of making a copy of UMD disks you own as ISO files and also you will be able to run them using a PSP memory stick.
You can easily fulfill all these requirements. But for that, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
The reason for using this specific procedure is, if you were using a CD or DVD file, you can very easily connect it with the optical reader of PC and use any free ISO creators. But here, things are not like that. We are dealing with UMD’s which is the only device we have. Here we use PSP as a reader to use with UMD disk.
- You need to have some custom firmware on the PSP. There are available firmware which you can get very easily. Sony firmware 5.03 is one of the mostly used firmware.
- Then your android device should be connected via USB port.
- Next, you need to insert the UMD into your PSP.
- Now you have to connect your PSP to the PC. For that, you can use a USB cable. This is the most commonly used method instead of using a memory stick.
- Get the PSP menu. Choose select and tap on it. You will get a pop-up menu and in that, you have to choose UMD as USB device.
- Don’t close the window as then you have to go to the settings menu and select USB connection. You will get that on the left side.
- Finally, you will again get a pop-up window. It will contain a virtual ISO file.
- You need to get the file onto your PC. For that, you need to copy the game to your PC and you can do it simply by just dragging the file into anywhere inside your hard drive.
- If you did it correctly, automatically copying process will be started.
- Now you have ISO game files on your device
Sometimes you may see free space left on UMD in file explorer. It’s advised to not to copy anything order to avoid possible malfunction and crashes in the system.
Gameplay with PPSSPP Emulator
Obviously the first thing you need to do is downloading and installing PPSSPP Gold Emulator Apk. You need to move the ISO file into your android device. For that, you can use a program like Webshare lite. Or else you can use internal phone or external SD. Now open PPSSPP Gold emulator and navigate to the place where you have the game, where you copied the ISO or CSO files.
Yes. Now you have done it and you are free to play your favorite android game on your smart device. You can easily incorporate a compatible android controller to get the optimum use of PPSSPP Gold Emulator.
You are now permitted to keep your UMD s in a safer place and play games using legally owned ISO files. If you are one of the people with limited storage facility on memory sticks, you can find many tricking methods to save your games on PPSSPP Gold while saving some space on your memory stick. Because now there are many videos and tutorials available to teach you different methods to use PPSSPP Gold.